We are currently working with AGTA as an employer looking for PSW
PSW- Home Care Services
Location : All over GTA
AGTA Home Health Care is committed to providing its customers with superior home health care services and medical supplies.
1. Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts.
2. Participates in all aspects of personal resident care to ensure the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of each resident/ family are met under the direction of the Registered Staff and/or Resident Care Coordinator(s).
3. Utilizes therapeutic communication by establishing a working relationship with resident/families and coworkers for meeting the resident needs; ensuring respect, dignity, individuality of each resident and staff member.
4. Participates with other team members in formulating, delivering and reporting the daily resident care needs and personal preferences by: Attending and gathering pertinent data from report, Seeking direction from Registered Staff, Observing residents for any changes and reporting immediately to the Registered Staff, Assessing behaviours and activities of daily living and reporting in oral and/or written form at designated times, and Reporting unusual events promptly and directly to Registered Staff.
5. Delivers effective and efficient care under the direction of the Registered Staff that promotes resident/family choice and acknowledges the resident strengths, limitations as well as their need for safety and the safety of other resident/family and staff.
6. Consistent with resident-focused care approach to meet resident needs and demonstrates initiative to: Assists with serving meals, feeding, providing nourishment supplements, Assists with transporting and transferring resident as needed, Responds to any resident in need regarding call bells, telephone ringing and assisting any employee in need of help, and ?Under the direction of Registered Staff applies treatment creams to residents.
7. Ensures daily, the neatness of residents’ rooms, furniture, clothes, closets, mobility devices, tub/washrooms, utility rooms and kitchen/serveries.
8. Participates in multidisciplinary committee work as required: Care conferences as directed, and Unit meetings, general staff meetings, and PSW meetings.
9. Participates in continuing education,
Personal Support Worker Certificate or equivalent as per O. Reg. 79/10 of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007
Certificate – Food Safety Awareness Program recognized by a Public Health Unit
Experience in Long Term Care setting an asset Therapeutic verbal and written therapeutic
communication skills in English Ability to work well with others in a team approach, and adapt to changing situations Physically capable of performing assigned duties within a flexible work schedule inside a 24 hour a day 7 day a week operation
Demonstrated regular attendance standards in keeping with the County Attendance Support Program Ability to meet and maintain health requirement as per Long Term Care Legislation Current WHMIS certification, an asset Computer skills, an asset.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria