Do you have experience within a large volume food services operation? If so, the Ministry of the Solicitor General wants you to join one of our adult correctional facilities across Ontario to prepare, cook, and assemble standard and special diet meals in a cook-chill/retherm operation.
We are currently seeking to fill short term on-call contracts of 5.5 months in duration. If you are interested and demonstrate the qualifications outlined below, please click the link to the job posting and submit your application by clicking on the “Apply Online”. In your application, please specify the city (or cities) you are interested to work in.
On-Call Food Services Officer contracts may be available in the following cities: Etobicoke, Milton, Maidstone, Brockville, Ottawa, Lindsay, Penetanguishene.
• These positions are on-call working 0 to 40 hours per week, and may include weekends and statutory holidays, based on operational requirements and with no minimum guaranteed number of hours per week
• Position will require you to supervise and provide direction to inmate helpers
Salary: $21.57 – $23.19 Per Hour*
Job ID: 149785
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Assist staff with the prethermalization for meal services set-up and delivery
• Maintain proper sanitary conditions in the kitchen
• Follow guidelines of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Program in the receipt, preparation, storage, assembly and distribution of food items
• Supervise and instruct offender helpers including writing reports
• Ensure the safety and security of staff and inmate helpers
• Perform receiving duties as required
• Supervise and ensure cleanliness of ware washing area
• Other duties as assigned
How do I qualify?
• You have a valid Food Handler Certificate (either currently OR previously certified and can obtain re-certification upon hire)
• You possess current First Aid and Heartsaver Certificates (or the ability to obtain upon hire)
Food Services Experience and Skills
• You have experience with large volume cooking as well as cook-chill/retherm safety principles
• You have experience preparing various diets (i.e. lifestyle, medical, religious)
• You are knowledgeable in food safety practices as well as health and safety regulations
• You can understand and follow corporate policies and protocols
• You have communication and teamwork skills
• You have problem-solving skills
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria