- Job Title: Transit Drivers (Must have AZ, BZ, CZ or DZ Licence)
- Location: TTC Divisions across Toronto
- Job Type: Full-time (Hours: 6:00 PM – 2:30 AM)
- Wage/Salary: $18.85/hour; after probation – $19.25/hour
- Number of Vacancies: Multiple
The Career Foundation is currently seeking full-time Drivers on behalf of one of our employer partners, a privately held company based in Toronto.
- Conduct a full circle check according to company specifications and fill out defects on SAMS recording device as required
- Report to Site Manager or Lead Hand
- Drive buses safely; run them through the service line; exterior wash and park them at the allocated areas
- Quality checks: walking through buses to make sure they are clean and free from any debris
- Assist in finding, moving and parking special cleaned vehicles
- Assist cleaners with cleaning and filling of windshield water fluid as required
- Assist fueler as required
- Maintain a clean and valid driving licence
- Follow Safety Rules, Procedures and Safety Policies
- Do not drive if cleaners on board are standing
- Keep working area clean and tidy
- Document anything that is required
- Report any lost and found items
- Attend all required company meetings and training
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done
- Self-starter; able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to speak and understand English
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions
- Interest in working in a garage environment
- Ability to work nights
- Ability to walk, climb long distances and for a prolonged period of time
- Requires some stretching, bending when closing hatches & windows and while conducting the circle checks.
- Large vehicle driving experience is considered an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a current and valid Class “B” or “C” driver’s license in good standing along with a “Z” Air Brake endorsement
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently and relay information between the team and office staff.
- Working in a garage environment
- Physical demands include walking and standing, bending, kneeling, repetitive twisting and lifting, and repetitive arm movements
- PPE (Reflective Vest, Safety Glasses Safety Shoe voucher) provided by the TBM, must be worn during work hours.
This employer partner is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.