Software Developer – Brampton – Ref # CTH-RP
The Career Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Software Developer on behalf of one of our employer partners, a manufacturing facility that for the past 30 years has focused on designing a superior product to meet customer needs in a changing marketplace
- Location: Brampton
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, working onsite.
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30pm
- Salary/Wage: Negotiable, Depends on level of experience brought to position.
Benefits to you:
- Full-time, permanent opportunity
- A generous benefits package including: Dental and vision care, disability insurance, extended health care, life insurance, RRSP matching
- On-site parking
The responsibilities for this role will include: write, modify, integrate and test software code. Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements. Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications. Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required. Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions. Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, implement, and maintain new and existing software products.
- Use a variety of programming languages to support the development of applications and integrations in VDG’s environment.
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging.
- Performs root cause analysis on system/user errors and identifies corrective action and liaises with production and non-production support to resolve issues where applicable.
- Review business requirements and provide estimates.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development
- Demonstrated hands-on Software Development / ERP Customization experience
- Must be fluent in both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries
- Experience with systems analysis or configuration.
- Ability to articulate complex technical topics for non-technical audience.
- Proven communication skills, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude.
- Ability to interpret data, detect trends, draw conclusions, and formulate recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and prior experience in a similar manufacturing work environment.
Please note that this employer has taken the following Covid-19 precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This employer partner is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.