Are you a Registered Practical Nurse with a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others? If so, please consider this rewarding opportunity to join the health care team at the Central East Correctional Centre, Ministry of the Solicitor General.
Salary: $25.76 – $28.35 Per Hour*
Job Term: 1 Temporary casual nurse, up to 6 months with possible extension
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will provide nursing care, within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario, to patients in stable health care conditions and patients in health care conditions with predicable outcomes. You will:
• Prepare and administer medications
• Monitor effects, side effects and adverse effects of medications and/treatment
• Report observation to the MD/registered nurse
• Respond to emergencies and urgent care
• Monitor patients’ healthcare status
• Maintain accurate medical records and charts
• Maintain a safe, secure and clean environment
• Liaise with other clinical and correctional professionals
• Practice in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and Ministry expectations
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered in good standing as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of evidence-based practice and procedure to provide nursing services within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g., Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act), institutional and health care policies and procedures
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• You can elicit, interpret and evaluate information from patients and other sources, identify deviation from normal physiological/psychological process, evaluate information, and assist in the development of treatment plans
• You can evaluate and assess a patient’s response to planned health care interventions
• You can assess emergency situations
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can advocate on behalf of patients about health care treatment, explain possible side effects of medications and medical treatment, and promote education and treatment goals
Teamwork and Computer Skills
• You can work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a diverse client group, and you have basic computer skills
Hours of Work
• The hours of work are 0-40 hours per week. You are expected to work rotating shifts in a health care unit that provides 7 days per week service, up to 24 hours a day.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria