Registered Nurse – Extendicare – Long-Term Care – Kawartha Lakes
Coordinated by The Career Foundation
- Job Title: Registered Nurse – Extendicare – Long-Term Care – Kawartha Lakes
- Location: Lindsay, Ontario
- Job Type: Permanent (PT/FT)
- Wage/Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- Number of Vacancies: Several
- Reports to: Director of Care
The Career Foundation is currently seeking permanent (PT/FT) Registered Nurses on behalf of one of our employer partners Extendicare, a nursing home in Lindsay, Ontario. The Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Assist in preparing the Facility for RAI MDS.
- Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care.
- Staff replacement in the absence of the care clerk.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’, and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Extendicare is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*How to Apply:
Please forward your résumé and cover letter to Nicole Jarvis, Director of Care NJarvis@extendicare.com with “Registered Nurse – Extendicare – Long-Term Care – Kawartha Lakes” as the subject header. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Posting Expiry Date: Until Filled
Note: In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.