This is a 12-Month Contract covering a Mat Leave.
Manager, Clinical Services
Purpose of the Role:
The Nurse Practitioner will be an integral leader of the COVID Clinical team at LifeLabs, overseeing clinical functions relating to COVID ordering and reporting within the LifeLabs’ COVID-19 Assessment Clinics and other private pay opportunities. The Assessment Centres are Ministry of Health mandated clinics operating to provide screening of stable patients who seek diagnosis for COVID-19. They provide comprehensive screening, assessment, testing and disposition management for mildly symptomatic and “worried well” members of the public who either self-present or are referred for assessment for COVID-19. The private pay opportunities also relate to COVID testing of asymptomatic or “worried well” members of the public. The Nurse Practitioner works autonomously and in collaboration with members of an interdisciplinary team that includes registered nurses, who provide telehealth consultation and education in regards to COVID-19 results.
• Order tests using the NP MOHLTC billing number; communicate results and interpret COVID-19 tests
• Provide clinical leadership to the COVID Clinical team and ensure clinical designates (RNs) provide comprehensive assessment and consultation in relation to COVID-19 symptom assessment, triage and management and self-isolation/quarantine requirements in accordance with provincial Public Health guidelines
• Support the development of other clinical services that align with different opportunities in the LifeLabs’ strategy
• Maintain thorough knowledge of clinical initiatives and corporate policies and procedures including client products, protocols, and applicable regulatory requirements • Ongoing assessment of clinical procedures to identify areas of improvement and promote ongoing quality assurance
• Provide patient care within the scope of practice of a RN which supports the philosophy and policies of the LifeLabs MedSci Department and meets the College of Nurses standards and the Regulated Health Professions Act
• Provide telehealth consults as needed, respecting the telehealth requirements of the provinces
• Maintain accurate and timely review of COVID-19 results and documentation
• Integrate best practice guidelines and current evidence-based research into clinical protocols to support customers, with focus on COVID-19
• Authorize medical directives for delegated acts for RNs working part of the COVID Clinical team
• Develop and maintain an on-call consultation coverage for the COVID Clinical Team, relating to testing and results.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
• Master in Nursing/Nurse Practitioner (MN-NP) or Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Nursing
• Current College of Nurses of Ontario registration in the Extended Class (EC) as an NP (adult) or NP (primary health care) Current B.C.L.S.
• 1 year of demonstrated experience as a Nurse Practitioner
• Eligibility and willingness to be licensed in other provinces
• 1 year of acute medical/surgical experience is preferred
• Experience and knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control measures
• Program planning and evaluation skills are an asset
• Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to be innovative and creative environment
• Works independently to effectively resolve conflict in a productive and respectful manner.
• Works effectively as a member of the COVID-19 Clinical team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Nursing, Physician, Medical, Nurse Practitioner, Law, Healthcare, Legal
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria