Journeyman Electrician (Industrial) – Ref # LAC-NT and #CTH-SMO
The Career Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Journeyman Electrician on behalf of one of our employer partners.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours of Work: Rotating schedule; includes 1st shift for a week working Mon – Friday, 6:45AM – 2:45PM, the next week 2nd shift from 2:45PM – 10:45PM, and finally the last week from 10:45PM – 6:45AM.
- Salary/Wage: $31.46/hour
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at Journeyman Electrician level.
- Experienced with 480 and 600 VAC, 3 phases along with lower voltages.
- Able to trouble shoot and repair semi-automated production equipment.
- Experience with trouble shooting and preventive maintenance of large DC and AC motors/drives.
- Able to effectively use standard electrical test equipment including voltmeter, amprobe and megger
- Familiar with and able to safely apply with the Canadian/Ontario Electrical Code and other local safety codes, policies, and procedures.
- Able to read and interpret facility blueprints and equipment technical manuals.
- Computer literate and able to be effective and efficient with various computer applications.
- Able to perform electrical construction projects and repair.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively work within a team environment.
- Three years of experience as an Industrial Journeyman Electrician.
- Journeyman’s license
- Experience with troubleshooting Allen Bradley and Delta V Control Logix PLC’s.
- Experience with AC and DC drives in fan, pump, and conveyor applications.
- Ability to set up AC and DC drives
- Experience with HMI touch screens
- Able to lift to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime, as needed.
- Willing and able to participate in safety programs and activities
This employer partner is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.