Are you passionate about the environment and tackling climate change? Are you looking to start your career in the environmental sector? Climate Change Canada, one of the world’s leading environmental awareness platforms, is seeking an intern to support their strategic climate change team.
In this role, you will have a chance to contribute to the delivery of global and national level projects while honing your research and data analytics skills. You will get to grips with the latest trends incorporate climate action, gain detailed insight into how various sectors are driving action (or inaction) and explore the latest solutions to curb the changing climate.
Key tasks include
- Assisting team members with research (desk studies, interviews, surveys);
- Creating data visualization and engagement materials;
- Supporting in the engagement with external parties;
- Administrative support, as and when needed.
- When required, become the voice and face of Climate Change Canada to spread awareness
- Use of Social Media for actively participating and delivering the Climate Change Canada mandate
Required skills and competencies
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Ability to communicate complex analysis and arguments in a concise, easy to follow manner;
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- High detail orientation and an eye for consistency and accuracy;
- Motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, personable;
- Capable of working independently and part of a team;
- Able to work against deadlines;
- An interest in sustainability and corporate climate issues.
Desirable skills and competencies
- Previous experience on climate change related issues, either through internships, work or education.
What we offer:
- On successful completion of their placement, volunteer interns can request a reference.
- We offer a professional working environment with strong focus on Climate Change.
How to apply
To apply please submit your resume and a covering letter (one page) setting out how you meet the required skills and competencies
By emailing us your resume and covering letter, you are permitting Climate Change Canada to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.