Equipment Operator – Manufacturing – Vaughan – Ref # CTH-RP
The Career Foundation is currently seeking 2 full-time, permanent Equipment Operators on behalf of one of our employer partners; a privately held manufacturing facility based in Concord, Ontario. The Equipment Operator Position will work processing recycled metals, handling materials, cleaning-up, packaging and other activities related to aluminum and metal processing.
- Location: Concord, Ontario
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Wage/Salary: $18-$20 Per Hour
- Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (4 days per week)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Growth/Benefits: generous benefits after probation period
*Important Note: Training will be provided. Previous experience working on specific machines in a manufacturing plan not required. Only requirement is a willingness to learn and general aptitude for working with mechanical equipment.
This facility has all Covid-19 protocols in place for the safety of their workers.
- Must have mechanical ability and be able to read, monitor, and understand various measures, gauges, and instruments.
- Must safely set up and operate rotary machines.
- Must follow the manufacturing plan at all times.
- Operate furnaces used to melt metals.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
- Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
- Forklift / skid / front end loader experience is an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate efficiently and act professionally.
- Ability to understand directions, follow procedures and handle materials.
- Aptitude for math, problem-solving, computers, and mechanics
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency with hand tools.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods.
- Knowledge of different types of machines and tools used in them.
- Precision in tasks such as: cutting, setting, and tuning etc.
This employer partner is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.