Reporting to the Product Manager, General Diagnostics, this role will provide business process and operations support for the General and Advanced Diagnostics department. We are looking for an accomplished Associate Product Manager to improve our company’s strategies related to Direct to Consumer private pay diagnostics testing.
The Associate Product Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams across LifeLabs to optimize processes and improve efficiency. They will work closely with the Product Manager to assist in launching, implementing, managing, tracking performance and growing the products within the General Diagnostics portfolio.
A successful Associate Product Manager:
- Have a strong background knowledge in business and science/health, M.Sc or MBA (considered an asset). In addition to understanding the science and technology behind lab diagnostics testing
- Will understand consumer’s needs and will be able to develop processes to improve customer experience, operational efficiency and drive growth.
- Interacts closely with cross-functional teams at LifeLabs (marketing, sales, operations, medical and business intelligence) in order to drive success
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in business and sciences, experienced in business analysis, including competitive/market analysis, and process optimizations, experience at a medical/pharmaceutical company and project management. Experience with process mapping, business requirements gathering, data analysis, and competitive intelligence required.
Duration – 1 year contract role.
- Support the product team in launching, implementing, managing, tracking performance and growing the products, programs and services within the General Diagnostics portfolio
- Assist with designing and developing product plans and roadmaps
- Compile and report product optimizations to product team, coordinate release timelines and implementation
- Triage and coordinate resolution of product defects and issues
Gather business requirements and maintain Business Requirements Documents
Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Business Intelligence teams to report and track product volumes and revenue
Analyze consumer behavior, including market research and market intelligence to meet product demand and growth
Assist with the development and execution of Business Plans that will drive growth to reach financial objectives
Collaborate with the Marketing team to determine strategies and plans for product awareness growth
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop current state process maps, as well as assist with the design of ideal future state processes
Identify and concisely report areas of process improvement and efficiency to product team
- Gatekeeper of project approvals, budget and timeline information
- Ensure PMs maintain project status reports with accurate information
- Support Project team as required
- Ensure contracts and all vendor documents are properly signed and processed
- Ensure appropriate contracts are forwarded to proper departments for approval and storage
- Masters of Business Administration (considered an asset)
- Prior knowledge and experience within health care/life sciences industries
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Product or service launch experience an asset
- Demonstrated project management and process mapping/planning experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams to ensure all business requirements and processes are documented
- Experience working in the lab diagnostics field considered an asset
- A highly organized and results-oriented self-starter with demonstrated analytical expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prepare cohesive and concise reports based on notes provided by others
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Demonstrates initiative in responding to situations where no direction is available or where no precedents exist
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop processes and structures to manage information and work
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Biotech, Medical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales Operations, Science, Healthcare, Marketing, Sales